June 11, 2013 is the sesquicentennial of Malacañan Palace as official residence of the chief executive of the Philippines. In fulfillment of its mandate as custodian of the institutional memory of the Philippine Presidency, the Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office (PCDSPO) launches an online commemoration to mark one hundred fifty years since its conversion from rest house to official residence of Spanish and American Governors-General, and later, Philippine Presidents.
Institutional and Architectural History of Malacañan Palace
The Transformation of Malacañan Palace
References & Recommended Reading
- A linear history of Malacañan Palace, its historic rooms and its state rooms.
- Comprehensive biographies of the Presidents of the Philippines.
- Essay: The Naming of Malacañan Palace.
- Essay: The Possession of Malacañan Palace.
- Essay: Malacañan Palace in the Time of Rizal.
For regular updates on the heritage of Malacañan Palace as official residence and seat of Philippine Presidents, follow the Presidential Museum and Library on Tumblr and subscribe to the Malacañan Palace page on Facebook. Or experience firsthand the history of the great house, by booking a tour of the Presidential Museum and Library.