OFFICE OF THE CHAIRMAN OF THE
BY THE CHAIRMAN OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 20
FIXING THE DATES OF THE LEGAL
Under the authority conferred upon me as Head of the Central Administrative Organization by Order No. 9, dated March 18, 1942, of the Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Forces in the Philippines and upon the recommendation of the Executive Commission, the following days shall be observed as legal holidays:
1. New Year’s Day—The first day of January.
2. Kigen-setu—The eleventh day of February (Empire or Foundation Day).
3. Holy Thursday and Holy Friday.
4. Tencho-setu—The twenty-ninth day of April (The Emperor’s Birthday).
5. Meiji-setu—The third day of November (Emperor Meiji’s Birthday).
6. National Heroes Day—The thirtieth day of November.
7. Christmas Day—The twenty-fifth day of December.
8. Rizal Day—The thirtieth day of December.
When any regular holiday of fixed date falls on Sunday, the next succeeding day shall be observed as legal holiday.
Any other day may, in the discretion of the Chairman of the Executive Commission with the approval of the Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Forces, be declared as a special public holiday.
Done in the City of Greater Manila, Philippines, this 20th day of March, 1942.
(Sgd.) JORGE B. VARGAS
Chairman of the Executive Commission
Source: Office of the Solicitor General Library