Instruction No. 85
CONSTRUCTION WORK OF WATER PIPE ACROSS
THE PASIG RIVER NEAR SAKURA HEIEI
September 20, 1942
The COMMISSIONER OF PUBLIC WORKS
AND COMMUNICATIONS (Through the Honorable, the
Chairman of the Executive Commission)
You are hereby instructed to carry out the construction work for the water pipe across the Pasig River, as soon as possible, in accordance with the following:
1. Place of construction work: Suspension bridge at Guadalupe, Pasig River;
2. Method of construction: As per attached blueprint;
3. Construction expenses: Four thousand six hundred pesos (₱4,600). Details are as per the attached budget;
4. Method of paying construction expenses: The construction expenses shall be paid at the Intendance Department of the Imperial Japanese Forces after the completion of the work;
5. Materials to be supplied by the Army:
Heavy oil—90,000 lbs.
Lubricating oil—400 liters;
6. Period of construction: Fifteen (15) days after the completion of the suspension bridge.
In carrying out the proposed construction, a close contact shall be maintained with the Intendance Department of the Imperial Japanese Army, and the supply of water shall be commenced immediately upon completion of the work.
DIRECTOR GENERAL OF THE
JAPANESE MILITARY ADMINISTRATION
Reference: Estimate for construction work of water pipe across the Pasig River near Sakura Heiei
Source: Office of the Solicitor General Library