OFFICE OF THE CHAIRMAN OF THE EXECUTIVE
BY THE CHAIRMAN OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMISSION
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 87
GRANTING, IN SPECIFIED CASES, A MINIMUM PAY OF THREE HUNDRED SIXTY PESOS PER ANNUM TO EMPLOYEES OF THE CENTRAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORGANS AND JUDICIAL COURTS OCCUPYING POSITIONS ALLOCATED TO GRADE TEN.
Pursuant to the authority conferred upon me as Head of the Central Administrative Organization by Order No. 1 in connection with Order No. 3 of the Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Forces in the Philippines, and upon recommendation of the Executive Commission, it is hereby ordered that—
1. Any employee of the Central Administrative Organs and Judicial Courts, occupying a position allocated to Grade 10, and actually receiving less than ₱360 per annum, may be granted a minimum pay of ₱360 per annum, which shall include the equivalent money value of subsistence, quarters, clothing, and other allowances in kind, if he falls under either of the following conditions:
(a) If the employee is married and is supporting a family wherein no other member is earning any other income from any employment or occupation whatsoever;
(b) If the employee is single and is the only means of support of the family to which he belongs.
2. Before an employee is granted the benefits of this Order, he must subscribe to and submit an affidavit stating:
(a) For the married employee—
(1) That he is legally married and is living with, and supporting, his family;
(2) The name of his spouse and the names and ages of his legitimate children and other dependents;
(3) That no other member of his house-hold is earning an income from any employment or occupation whatsoever.
(b) For the unmarried employee—
(1) That he is living with, and is the only means of support of, his family.
(2) The names and ages of his dependents and their relation to him.
3. This Order shall take effect on September 1, 1942, and to carry out its purpose, the savings of the appropriations for each Department, including the Supreme Court, as provided in Executive Order No. 65, dated July 23, 1942, shall be available to cover the necessary salary adjustments herein authorized. In the case of special funds, the salary adjustments shall be charged against the savings from the authorized allotments.
Done in the City of Manila, Philippines, this 9th day of September, 1942.
(Sgd.) JORGE B. VARGAS
Chairman of the Executive Commission
APPROVED by the Director General of the Japanese Military Administration on September 9, 1942.
Source: Office of the Solicitor General Library