Order No. 6
ORDER CONCERNING THE RESUMPTION OF
THE WORK OF THE NATIONAL
March 7, 1942
To Mr. JORGE B. VARGAS
Chairman of the Executive Commission
of the Philippines
The construction work of the Caliraya River Hydro-electric project which is one of the main enterprises of the National Power Corporation should, under the instruction and supervision of the Imperial Japanese Forces, be resumed immediately, and be completed as promptly as possible in accordance with the following rules:
1. Efforts should be made to complete the above-mentioned work before the end of June, 1942, on the following basis:
The height of the dams and embankments shall be limited to 36 meters, which is the height adopted, and the under mentioned works should be completed by that date:
(a) Grouting of diversion tunnel.
(b) Grouting of waterway structure.
(c) Completion of installation of power plant equipment and telephone system.
(d) Installation of spillway gate and operating mechanism.
(e) Provisional construction of diversion plug.
(f) Completion of penstock valve house.
2. The former Electric Power Committee should be dissolved, and the former organization of the Corporation should be reconstituted in order to reduce as far as possible the number of personnel necessary for carrying out the work.
The important personnel shall be appointed by the Chairman of the Executive Commission subject to the approval of the Director-General of the Japanese Military Administration.
3. The work should be carried on under the guidance of a supervisor who will be sent by the Imperial Japanese Forces for the purposes of instructing and supervising the construction work as well as the management of the enterprises of the Corporation.
4. Salaries to the former employees, who will be engaged in the present work under the supervision of the Imperial Japanese Forces, will be fixed according to the standard newly regulated.
5. Further instructions will in due course be given as to other enterprises of the National Power Corporation and the future management thereof.
COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE
IMPERIAL JAPANESE FORCES IN THE
Source: Office of the Solicitor General Library