Instruction No. 15
REOPENING AND RESUMPTION OF ACTIVITIES
OF GOVERNMENT-OWNED OR
MANILA, April 14, 1942
CHAIRMAN OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMISSION
This is to inform you that the Imperial Japanese Forces have decided to put the following government-owned or controlled corporations under military control and that you are requested to see that operation of these establishments is carried out efficiently under your guidance and supervision in accordance with the following instructions:
(1) Operation of each corporation shall be provisionally entrusted to a person who shall be recommended by you and approved by the Imperial Japanese Forces. It is, therefore, requested that you recommend a suitable person. A counsellor or counsellors recommended by the Office of the Japanese Military Administration shall be detailed to accomplish effective management.
(2) In order to reduce expenditure and to increase efficiency, it is required for each corporation to submit a fixed number of officials and employees and their payrolls for instruction to the Office of the Military Administration.
(3) Management of each corporation shall be placed under your supervision so as to have good result, laying more importance on execution of the Japanese Military operations, development of important natural resources and maintenance of the wellbeing of the Filipino people. Regarding the products of cotton mills and commodities directly connected with the demand of the military forces, it is required to follow strictly the instructions of the Military Administration in connection with their production and sale.
(4) It is required for each corporation to submit to the Military Administration a statement of receipts and expenditures and a tentative balance sheet at the end of every month in order to make clear the conditions of assets and liabilities.
(5) Management of each corporation shall be under supervision of a comptroller detailed by the Military Administration.
(1) National Development Company
(2) Cebu Portland Cement Company
(3) National Food Products Corporation
(4) Insular Sugar Refining Corporation
(5) National Footwear Corporation
(6) National Tobacco Corporation
(7) National Abaca and Other Fibers Corporation
(8) National Coconut Corporation
DIRECTOR-GENERAL OF THE JAPANESE
Source: Office of the Solicitor General Library