Between 1935 and 1939 during the pre-war years of the Commonwealth of the Philippines under President Manuel L. Quezon, Dwight D. Eisenhower, the thirty-fourth President of the United States of America, held office here within the East Room of the Old Executive Building. On June 15, 1960 during his State Visit to the Philippines—the first visit of an American president to the country—President Eisenhower returned to this room and with President Carlos P. Garcia shared his memories of the years spent here in his old office.
During the presidency of Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo this room was made into the Presidential Broadcast Studio. It gave people the chance to see their president at work. The Presidential Broadcast Studio commenced operations on January 8, 2008.